We are looking for a Social Media Associate to generate excitement, communicate with the public, and develop a strategy to ensure that our efforts to help animals are successful.
The opportunity will be geared toward your strengths, but will include some combination of…
- Writing and posting several Facebook status updates daily (including polls, photo captioning contests, etc.)
- Tweeting frequently
- Researching content
- Mining Facebook, Twitter, and RSS feeds for animal stories, photos, etc.
- Using photoshop, or other types of creative software, to produce new content
- Monitoring activity and engaging the audience
- Helping us improve our social media strategy.
Please note that this is a volunteer position. AFA is an all-volunteer organization that brings together passionate, talented folks across the country.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Strong writing skills and a good “writing voice”
- An eye for quality
- Strong experience with, and knowledge of, social media platforms
- A great attitude and a desire to help animals
- Ability to thrive in an individual/virtual work environment
- A commitment of 5 hours/week (more is welcome!)
Tweet for animals! Become a Social Media Associate!