AFA’s Events Committee is looking for a coordinator to help plan monthly social events, fundraisers, and other opportunities to interact in our community. We’re looking for networking rockstars, marketing pros, event planning extraodinaires — and people willing to learn! The opportunity will be geared toward your strengths, but will include some combination of:
- Identifying restaurants and venues and scheduling AFA events.
- Promoting monthly social events.
- Cultivating partnerships with animal-friendly businesses and sponsors.
- Brainstorming new and fun ways to raise money and grow our animal welfare community in San Diego.
Please note that this is a volunteer position. AFA is an all-volunteer organization that brings together passionate, talented folks across the country.
San Diego, California.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A great attitude and desire to help animals
- The ability to thrive in an individual/virtual work environment
- Strong writing skills and a good “writing voice”
- An eye for quality
- Experience planning or managing events a plus
- A commitment of 5 hours/week (more welcome!)
Are you a social animal? Become an Events Coordinator!