- You can use the Humane Eating Project app to find restaurants that serve humanely raised meat, but what about grocery stores? The most straight forward way to tell if a product at a store is humane or not is to look for a 3rd party certification...LEARN MORE Read More »
- Going to a barbecue this weekend? Try one of these vegan recipes to impress your friends and eat humanely at the same time! And if you are going to be grilling any meat, buy humanely raised – look for 3rd party certification...LEARN MORE Read More »
- Like most apps, the Humane Eating Project is powered by various technologies. Here is an overview of the different programs we use to create, maintain, and further develop the app. Back End We built a prototype of the Humane Eating...LEARN MORE Read More »
- Thank you for using the Humane Eating Project app and for working to improve farm animal welfare conditions. We hope you love using our app and we want to hear your feedback! Please review our app on iTunes or tell...LEARN MORE Read More »
- The Humane Eating Project app is now available for FREE in the app store! So how does it work? When you open the app, you will see a map of your current location. There will be a pinpoint for each...LEARN MORE Read More »
- What is the Watch List? All of the issues described at the Humane Eating Project cause intense suffering to animals. Some of these issues are particularly egregious and easy to find on a menu. Many people are so offended by...LEARN MORE Read More »
- We were able to raise over $10,000 with the help of 156 donors! Thanks for the support! Read More »
- Eating humanely means considering how animals are treated when choosing what to eat. Practically speaking, it means eating vegan, vegetarian, and humanely-raised food. Incorporating a combination of vegan, vegetarian, and humanely-raised options into your diet allows you to eat humanely...LEARN MORE Read More »
- We just launched our fundraising campaign through Indiegogo to make The Humane Eating Project app a reality! With your support, finding humane restaurants near you will be as easy as turning on your phone. Please check out the Indiegogo page here, and support...LEARN MORE Read More »
- Are you new to the idea of humane eating? The Humane Eating Project will help you find restaurants with humane choices. But before the app is released, and aside from restaurants, there are other ways you can make your diet...LEARN MORE Read More »
- The Humane Eating Project App will be ready in a few months! Our outstanding graphics team has put together images of what our app will look like when it is released. Check out our restaurant locator to see how simple...LEARN MORE Read More »
- You can have a huge impact on the lives of farm animals by making a simple change. It’s easy to make a difference by switching to humane restaurants with the Humane Eating Project. The Humane Eating Project is a mobile app that...LEARN MORE Read More »
- Here is a list of candy that does not contain animal products. Happy Halloween, Humane Eaters!
25 Vegan Halloween Candies
Get ready for a trip down memory lane with this list of the best vegan candy to give to trick-or-treaters this Halloween.
- "The bottom line is that the term "humanely raised" is a complicated, multifaceted one. Different animals need different measures to lead safe and healthy lives. Moreover, different people have different opinions on what "humane" treatment looks like."
WTF Does 'Humanely Raised' Mean?
If you can explain this term, please share....
- The Humane Society has established a hotline for people to report farm animal cruelty and those whistleblowers could receive up to $5,000 for their tips!
Whistleblower Reward Program, Tip Line Launched for Factory Farm Workers : The Humane Society of...
A hotline for reporting cruelty and neglect on factory farms, at livestock auctions and in slaughter houses will empower employees at those facilities who have witnessed cruelty or other unlawful acts.
- One vegan saves an average of 198 animals a year.
This Saturday is #WorldVeganDay. Various events will be taking place all over the world in celebration of animal rights (be sure to look some up in your area.) To all of our vegan friends, we would just like to say we appreciate ALL of you & your efforts to fight cruelty & promote compassion!
- "We have been loyal customers of Ben & Jerry’s for many years, and love their socially progressive nature of the company: their Fair Trade policies, use of eggs from Certified Humane farms, and their long-term support of Marriage Equality! Given all that, we are surprised that a company as ethical as Ben & Jerry’s does not make a non-dairy ice cream. We are familiar with their line of sorbets that are vegan, and think it's great that they offer those, but it would be a huge sign of Ben & Jerry’s support for action against climate change if they offered a non-dairy ice cream." -Change.org
It's only 5 seconds to sign the petition at the link below!
Tell Ben & Jerry's You Want Non-Dairy Ice Cream Options
We have been loyal customers of Ben & Jerry’s for many years, and love their socially progressive nature of the company: their Fair Trade policies,...