The Humane Eating Blog
Thank you for using the Humane Eating Project app and for working to improve farm animal welfare conditions. We hope you love using our app and we want to hear your feedback! Please review our app on iTunes or tell us your comments on Facebook. Are we missing any major features? Do you still use… Read More »
The Humane Eating Project app is now available for FREE in the app store! So how does it work? When you open the app, you will see a map of your current location. There will be a pinpoint for each restaurant that we have in our database. The pins are color-coded: Green: Vegan, Vegetarian, or… Read More »
What is the Watch List? All of the issues described at the Humane Eating Project cause intense suffering to animals. Some of these issues are particularly egregious and easy to find on a menu. Many people are so offended by the production of these foods that they don’t even want to step foot in a… Read More »
We were able to raise over $10,000 with the help of 156 donors! Thanks for the support! Read More »
Eating humanely means considering how animals are treated when choosing what to eat. Practically speaking, it means eating vegan, vegetarian, and humanely-raised food. Incorporating a combination of vegan, vegetarian, and humanely-raised options into your diet allows you to eat humanely without giving up your favorite meals. Humane eating is a HUGE improvement over traditional factory… Read More »
We just launched our fundraising campaign through Indiegogo to make The Humane Eating Project app a reality! With your support, finding humane restaurants near you will be as easy as turning on your phone. Please check out the Indiegogo page here, and support the project by donating or spreading the word. There are a lot of cool prizes… Read More »
Are you new to the idea of humane eating? The Humane Eating Project will help you find restaurants with humane choices. But before the app is released, and aside from restaurants, there are other ways you can make your diet more humane. Many people want to eat humanely, but don’t know how. Vegan is the… Read More »
The Humane Eating Project App will be ready in a few months! Our outstanding graphics team has put together images of what our app will look like when it is released. Check out our restaurant locator to see how simple it will be to find humane options near you. We have a database of over… Read More »
You can have a huge impact on the lives of farm animals by making a simple change. It’s easy to make a difference by switching to humane restaurants with the Humane Eating Project. The Humane Eating Project is a mobile app that finds restaurants offering humanely-raised, vegan, and vegetarian options. It also shows Watch List restaurants to… Read More »
The Humane Eating Feed
- White Castle is the second chain to now offer a veggie burger (Burger King also offers a vegetarian alternative.) First one to try it and report back gets... well, bragging rights.
News: White Castle Tests Veggie Sliders | Brand Eating
- Continually a controversial topic, the ban of foie gras in California has 13 other states asking the Supreme Court to overturn the ban, claiming it is affecting interstate commerce. The Humane Eating Project is a supporter of the ban, as it strives to save birds from being force-fed and treated inhumanely. The podcast below presents both viewpoints. Keep in mind, the majority of voters voted for the ban in The Golden State.
Should the Supreme Court take up California’s foie gras ban?
The Supreme Court may consider California’s ban on foie gras after thirteen states banded together to urge a review of the law.
- A Shanghai meat supplier is accused of repackaging expired beef and chicken and selling them to major restaurant chains including McDonald's, KFC, Starbucks and many other big name chains. Understanding and researching supply chains can be overwhelming, as a lot of information isn't disclosed until a recall strikes. Yet another reason to purchase local, humanely-raised meat and use our app before dining out!
China supplier sold McDonald's, KFC expired meat
BEIJING (AP) — McDonald's and KFC in China faced a new food safety scare Monday after a Shanghai television station reported a supplier sold them expired beef and chicken.
- “Pigs are kept in cages so small they cannot turn around, and can barely comfortably lay down. They live their entire lives that way.” #changeisoverdue #factoryfarming #humaneeating #animalwelfare
Your pig almost certainly came from a factory farm, no matter what anyone tells you
Factory farmers are suddenly freaked out about being called "factory farmers."
- Workin’ hard on optimizing the app and more: A mid-summer’s update. http://ow.ly/3nd5mV #HumaneEatingApp #HumaneDining
July Update |
America for Animals is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. We empower advocates to promote compassion and fight animal cruelty in the communities where they live. Click here to view volunteer opportunities.