- Going to a barbecue this weekend? Try one of these vegan recipes to impress your friends and eat humanely at the same time! And if you are going to be grilling any meat, buy humanely raised – look for 3rd party certification...LEARN MORE Read More »
- Like most apps, the Humane Eating Project is powered by various technologies. Here is an overview of the different programs we use to create, maintain, and further develop the app. Back End We built a prototype of the Humane Eating...LEARN MORE Read More »
- Thank you for using the Humane Eating Project app and for working to improve farm animal welfare conditions. We hope you love using our app and we want to hear your feedback! Please review our app on iTunes or tell...LEARN MORE Read More »
- The Humane Eating Project app is now available for FREE in the app store! So how does it work? When you open the app, you will see a map of your current location. There will be a pinpoint for each...LEARN MORE Read More »
- What is the Watch List? All of the issues described at the Humane Eating Project cause intense suffering to animals. Some of these issues are particularly egregious and easy to find on a menu. Many people are so offended by...LEARN MORE Read More »
- We were able to raise over $10,000 with the help of 156 donors! Thanks for the support! Read More »
- Eating humanely means considering how animals are treated when choosing what to eat. Practically speaking, it means eating vegan, vegetarian, and humanely-raised food. Incorporating a combination of vegan, vegetarian, and humanely-raised options into your diet allows you to eat humanely...LEARN MORE Read More »
- We just launched our fundraising campaign through Indiegogo to make The Humane Eating Project app a reality! With your support, finding humane restaurants near you will be as easy as turning on your phone. Please check out the Indiegogo page here, and support...LEARN MORE Read More »
- Are you new to the idea of humane eating? The Humane Eating Project will help you find restaurants with humane choices. But before the app is released, and aside from restaurants, there are other ways you can make your diet...LEARN MORE Read More »
- The Humane Eating Project App will be ready in a few months! Our outstanding graphics team has put together images of what our app will look like when it is released. Check out our restaurant locator to see how simple...LEARN MORE Read More »
- You can have a huge impact on the lives of farm animals by making a simple change. It’s easy to make a difference by switching to humane restaurants with the Humane Eating Project. The Humane Eating Project is a mobile app that...LEARN MORE Read More »
- "Lack of outdoor access, inability to express natural behaviours, health problems and stress are caused by production practices, and breeding designed to maximize weight gain or egg and milk production ignoring the animal's welfare" are some of the biggest issues with factory farming. 70% of meat is produced globally under these factory farm conditions. Unacceptable! #animalwelfare #humanelyraised #humaneeating
Factory Farming: Threat to human health, animals, environment
Persuaded by the increase and success of factory farms in Brazil during his two-year stay there as a taxi driver, 35-year-old Ajaz Katiyar returned to Jaipur and set up four farms - two for poultry and one each for cows and pig.
- Progress starts when both parties come to an agreement, and it looks like cattle producers and consumers finally agree that the welfare of the animal is more important than low beef prices. Slowly but surely, the conditions and treatment of farm animals are getting better and better. THANK YOU to all the livestock producers who have integrity and compassion, and the relentless consumer advocates for animal welfare! #humanelyraised #humaneeating #cattle #livestock #animalwelfare
Beef animal welfare views: U.S. public vs. cattle producers
Preliminary results from a study led by K-State researchers show how U.S. cow-calf producers and the public view animal welfare in the beef sector.
- Our parent organization, America for Animals' fundraiser is just a couple of weeks away! For a small donation, join us for a fun afternoon filled with entertainment, vegan appetizers, prizes and more! What's even better, you don't have to be local to donate and participate in the prize drawings (hip hip hooray!) Get your tickets today and show your support for animals everywhere! #fundraiser #sandiego #varietyshow #americaforanimals #prizes
- Reader beware: Unsettling information. Foster Farms' chicken conditions been exposed for numerous health and safety violations. What's more alarming is that a lot of Foster Farms chicken packaging declares a third party certification from the American Humane Association as humanely raised. Launching trust issues in 3, 2, 1... #fosterfarms #chickenmonth #humaneeating
Fecal matter, mold and more found on Foster Farms chickens.
Short summary of story
- Did you know it's National Chicken Month? While the country embraces it's #1 consumed meat, the ASPCA launched its "Truth About Chicken" campaign and found strong support for humanely raised chicken choices. However, what we want and what we get are two different truths. #humaneating #chickenmonth #truthaboutchicken
Treat My Chicken Right: ASPCA Survey Shows Consumers Want More Humanely Raised Chicken, Feel it...
SYS-CON Media, NJ, The world's leading i-technology media company on breaking technology news.